Thursday 24 May 2018

Seasons Green

One of the best things about this time of year is all the fresh seasonal greens. Right now we enjoy asparagus season and the fact that the German strawberries came a bit early this year.

Currently I let Fleur help me do the shopping and she is very good at it. This also means that sometimes we come home with more than planned. Once in a while she really picks up stuff where I think, "well, why not." Like when she showed extra interest in the rhubarb and I thought, "well, it would also be nice to make a rhubarb tart for saturday when Tina comes to visit." And so I did. Rhubarb tart with pistachio frangipane and vanilla ice as topping, and there were so much rhubarb that Fleur also got some compote from it as a kind of thank you for the good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment